A few facts about Metairie are:
- Metairie is located in Louisiana and is a census-designated place (CDP) for the sole purpose of its statistical population.
- Did you know? The city of Metairie is known as the first suburb of New Orleans and it is the largest community in Jefferson Parish with up to 450,000 residents.
- In reference to the actual term “city”, Metairie is governed by the Jefferson Parish council, not by the usual mayor or government officials.
Amenities and Facilities
- Shopping centers
- Night clubs and entertainment
- Baseball stadium
Celebrations and Events
- Metairie celebrates Mardi Gras just as New Orleans does by never missing a beat with the help of a connecting road/bridge.
Water Supply Hazard Concerns
- The Mississippi River provides many benefits for some residents but not so much for others.
- The East Jefferson Water Tower is said to be contaminated by drainage and industrial waste.
- A major downfall to the water supply usage is that even though it serves as a reliable water source for many homes and businesses, it is deemed a potential health concern to the public.
- MudBug Plumbing and Remodeling proudly serves the Metairie, Louisiana area to diagnose and fix plumbing issues.
- Serious plumbing issues are usually deeper rooted that consist of underslab repair or hot water jetting.
- There are many obvious signs that indicate a plumbing problem such as clogging, build-up, changes in water pressure or foul smells. These among other issues require a professional plumber to inspect underground areas.
Hurricane Season Readiness and Precautions
- Residents of Metairie know the many wonders their hometown has to offer but are also well aware of hurricane season and the need to take precautionary measures.
- Hurricanes are represented by categories to indicate the severity of the damages it may cause.
- As the category gets bigger, so does the damage leading to outages, floods, destruction of trees and roots, failing roof structures as well as doors and windows.
- Plumbers at MudBug Plumbing know the consequences hurricanes leave behind. Preparing for your home in case of an emergency is highly suggested.
- One of the most basic but necessary actions one must make when a hurricane strikes is to shut off water and gas lines to prevent further damage. However, not everyone will know how to complete this action.
- MudBug Plumbing is more than happy to bring Metairie residents a peace of mind with one of the most important foundations of your home: a working plumbing system.
Call MudBug Plumbing & Repair, Inc. to reserve a sewer service today in Metairie, Louisiana at (504) 885-5266. We also offer video pipe inspection prior to removing drain build-up.